Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Will I Ever Learn?

So last night I was thinking in my head, ok if I buy this I get so many points, add that to what I have it will give me this many points, now I have so many what will I buy. I'm online putting stuff in my cart for points I don't even have yet to see what I will get when I get those points. Eventually I listened to the voice in my head and put the phone down.

Then this morning while driving to work I was thinking what if something happened to my hubbie on his drive today what would I do? I would do this and then that, and have to call so and so. I really believe I heard my inner voice yell ARGHGHGHG! No, not really....but you get the point.

What I heard last night, and what I heard again this morning was this:

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
 
I've been told this lesson so many times over the years...when will I ever learn? The thing is, I do know it, and I guess I am getting better because I can put down the phone or the list in my head a little quicker than before, but I still keep on doing it. So I guess I just have to remember, progress is progress, even if it's in baby steps.
 
So, if you're like me, today try to focus on today....one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time, one step at a time.....
 
 
Have a blessed and beautiful day!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah - almost the same conversation I had in my head. I got that 5x points from Ulta as I'm sure so many of us got and was going back/forth with putting in an order in to get a couple of things that I had my eye on. I'm saying to myself "well, I'm probably going to get it anyways, so why not benefit from the 5x points." Luckily I must have gotten distracted with something else because I still haven't purchased it yet. TFS!
    Cherise xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete