Thursday, July 9, 2015

KISS

I don't know about you but I sure have a tendency to make the simplest things complicated. For example, I'm getting ready in the morning and I think, ok, today's the day for a one shadow look....fifteen minutes later I'm still working on my eyes....a little of this, a little of that...turns out to be an eight shadow look with two different eyeliners...LOL...and then of course, you can't have just one blush, you have to combine contour, bronzer, three colors of blush AND a highlighter. OMG!!!

I find I also do the same things with God. Even though I know I've been saved by His grace and I don't need to do anything to "win" His approval, I still find myself, periodically, falling into the trap of I better do this, or I better say this, to win His approval. God doesn't work that way. He loves me, and you, just because He does, just because His character is love. He loves us because He created us and because we are His children.

You don't love your child any less when they make a mistake do you? Well, you might be mad at them, or disappointed in them, but you still love them. God is even better than that.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 
So today, go for that one shadow look, and remember KISS.....Keep it Simple Stupid!!! LOL
 
Have a blessed and beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. Very true! Love what KISS stands for..lol I will have to use that for myself. Thank you for sharing! xoxoxo
    Cherise

    ReplyDelete