Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A forced break

Well obviously I haven't posted every day like I had hoped but I have a good reason....my internet kept coming and going and more often than not it was down. It was very frustrating but of course, a really good thing came out of it. With me not being constantly on Instagram or YouTube I was able to focus on other things. One of the most important was to just sit back and relax. I spent a lot of time outside over the weekend just enjoying nature and quiet prayer time. I also got to catch up on some reading. It was very relaxing and refreshing and was a great reminder to me that the world is a busy place and we need to take a break from all the mental stimulation and just spend some quiet time with God. I often forget that Jesus started his day in prayer and he prayed a lot. As he is my example for everything I should follow him in this also.

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed
 
So, with that being said, I hope you also get a chance to take some time off during your day and just sit quietly in prayer with Jesus. You will be refreshed and blessed.
 
Have an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to have some quiet time with Him.
    Cherise xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete