Friday, July 17, 2015

My Alarm Clock

For those of you who know me you know that I have not used an alarm clock in years. I mentioned that I don't need one because God wakes me up. I'm not kidding, He does. Every night when I go to bed I say, Lord I trust that you will wake me up in time. I also ask that if He doesn't wake me up here on earth that I am with Him in heaven. This might seem silly to a lot of you but for me it has been huge. To me it is a small test of my faith. I have to trust in Him to wake me up instead of trusting in a man made object. Now this might not be for everyone but I believe that this was one simple first step that He gave me, years ago, to practice my faith in Him. He has never failed.

I can hear some of you now, yeah but what about those times you told me you overslept, where was He then? Huh?!!! I'll tell you where He was. He was right there, saying C'mon Danielle wake up and I was right there, laying in my bed saying, No Lord, I don't want to right now, or No Lord, I don't want to today. He was there. I was ignoring.

You see the Lord is not like a human parent. He isn't going to jerk me up by the neck and shake me and say, Hey! I said get your lazy butt out of bed!! No, He isn't like that at all. When He wakes me in the morning it's a gentle whisper in my ear......Danielle.....wake up.....If I choose to ignore, most of the time He will whisper again.....Danielle....wake up. If I chose to ignore again He lets me sleep and deal with the consequences of oversleeping. That day they might be no big deal. Maybe it's the weekend and I'm not busy. But then again, maybe it's a workday and now I have to hurry up, be stressed out, possibly deal with traffic, whatever. But the point is, if I choose to ignore Him, He will let me. He doesn't force Himself on me for ANY reason. Get that? ANY reason!!

The Lord loves me, and He loves you. He has shown Himself faithful to me over the years with the little things and now He is telling me it is time to trust Him with the big things of life. I don't know exactly what these "big" things are, and honestly it's always a little scary to jump out in faith but I will.

I hope you also realize that you can trust the Lord with the tiniest things in your life and with the biggest things. Let me ask you a question, if we can trust Him with the biggest thing ever...paying for our sins and getting us to heaven...after all, He is the only way...if we can trust Him with that why can't we trust Him with the little things? Why do we continually think that we are the one's to make the decisions are run our lives? Why do we think that we know better or can do better? Is it because we think He isn't there and just doesn't care? Really??? If He didn't care about the little things in our lives why would He care enough to even save us?

Think about it. And I dare you, tonight, when you go to bed, turn off your alarm clock and ask the Lord, Lord will you wake me up tomorrow at such and such a time? I bet you he will!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this. I know you have mentioned that a few times about not using an alarm clock. I'm going to try this tonight. Thank you!
    Cherise xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete