Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Lessons from a gopher

So this weekend I was sitting outside and off in the distance something caught my eye. I looked over and realized it was a gopher pushing up dirt. I sat and watched him (or her) for the longest time. He was working so hard, for such a long time, and the pile just kept getting bigger and bigger. Periodically I would see his little head pop up and then just as quick, back down he went to keep working.

Later on I went in the house and told my husband about the gopher and shortly after that he went out and shot it. Brutal. Then he flattened out the mound.



Ok, so here are some lessons I've learned from the gopher:

1. Work hard even when no one is watching

2. Some people will love you and some people won't.

3. Some people will destroy all the hard work you've done.

and lastly, and most importantly

4. Just because we don't see something doesn't mean it isn't there. There is a whole world right under our feet that we don't see....and there is a whole world right before our eyes that we don't see either.

No comments:

Post a Comment