Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Prophecy and the End Times

Lately I've been hearing a lot, and I mean A LOT, about prophecy and the end times. Probably the most prominent one I've been hearing is that something big is going to happen between September 2015-August 2016. I've also been hearing different views on the rapture. Some say believers will be raptured before the tribulation and same say not. Now, I have to remind you, I was raised in an atheistic home. There was no bible teaching and I never even heard about the "rapture" until after I became a Christian in 2000. All of this contradictory talk can be quite overwhelming and a bit scary. I don't know what the answer is. I don't know when Jesus is returning. I honestly don't even know exactly what I believe about if Christians will be raptured or not. I used to think I did.....

Anyway, this is what I do know:
 
John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
 
1 Thessalonians 5:1-3 5 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
 
Matthew 24:36 But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
 
and lastly, a letter from Paul to Timothy:
 

2 Timothy 1:6-14

6
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 8 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 11 And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. 12 That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. 14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.


So, let us not get caught up in all of the "when's" because no one knows for sure. Instead, guarantee your safety by putting your trust in Jesus. Admit you are a sinner and cannot save yourself. Admit Jesus is the Son of God, the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and know that no one comes to the Father except by Jesus. Ask Him to forgive you of your sins, accept His gift of grace and mercy through Jesus, then turn from those things that are against God. Put your faith in Him because He is the only way.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment