Sunday, March 29, 2015

Worry and Beauty

Today I was outside, just wandering around, thinking about what was I going to blog about. I actually started to worry about it a little bit. And then I stopped and looked around and thought "wow, I am surrounded by beauty". Now some people might have just seen "weeds", and some people might have just walked on past, but when you looked really, really close, you could see small wildflowers everywhere. Immediately I knew I had to take some pictures and share them, and share this message:


Dogwood flowers
Weeds or beautiful purple flowers?



More weeds?

flower of the field


blooms on a peach tree

blooms on a plum tree

blooms on a red bud tree

teeny tiny wild purple flowers


Beauty is all around us. What others see is not important. What is important is that we recognize that even among the so-called weeds there is always beauty if you just look for it. That even means that among the weeds of our lives there is always some beauty to be found. Sometimes the tiniest things are the most beautiful.

At this time of year, in the beginning of Spring, let us remember that in this early stage of new life things are small, fragile, delicate, and beautiful. Yet they will only last a short time and die off, only to bring in a new stage of life. Every stage has it's own beauty. Every stage has it's own strength. If you are in your Spring don't strive for your Summer, Fall, or even Winter. Don't worry. Everything comes in it's own season.

Sometimes I find myself at 51 looking in the mirror and feeling sad that I'm "not as beautiful" as I used to be. But then I have to remind myself that I am not in my Spring, or even my Summer, anymore. I am in my Fall. In Fall we see a different type of beauty than in Spring or Summer...but still a beauty. So, if you are like me, and you don't think you are as beautiful as you once were....look again! Look very closely. Look for the beautiful things about you that were not there in your earlier seasons. Don't look for those seasons that have passed. What some people see as wrinkles you know were earned through life experiences, joy, sadness...whatever...but they were earned! What some people see as age spots you know came from those times when you were younger and playing in the sun. You have been blessed to go through those experiences and now you get to share your beauty of wisdom and your beauty of a different age.

Don't use your makeup to try to cover what you think is a flaw or to try to make yourself look like what you used to. Use your makeup to enhance what you currently have. Bring out the sparkle in your eyes, or flatter your smile. No amount of makeup will make you beautiful if you are not bringing forth that inner beauty. And whatever you do....don't worry about it. You are what you are and you are blessed to be here. Embrace it! Believe me, this lesson is as much for me as it is for you.

My challenge to you this day....find something in nature that you feel is beautiful and try to match that color out of your collection and wear it once or twice during the week. Each time you wear it you will have that small, hidden secret that can bring a smile to your face...today I'm wearing the color of my daisies, or today my eyeshadow is the same shade as those wildflowers. In God's eyes you are way more beautiful and important than those things. Remember that! Be Blessed.

27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
 
Matthew 6:27-29New International Version (NIV)

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your blog Danielle and can relate. I am in my Fall too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog Danielle and can relate. I am in my Fall too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are enjoying my blog. Sometimes I have to remind myself that some of the most beautiful things we see are in Fall. And you are one of them!!

      Delete
  3. Danielle, I just wanted to say thank you for the posts you put up. You have an amazing gift for writing! I love the way you compare beauty of nature to our outward/inward beauty but then mix in the Lord somehow. The way you talked about our imperfections representing the journey/life experiences we've been through was touching. I never looked at it like that before. We all struggle with our appearance at times but really need to remember that God created us beautiful in His eyes and that alone should make us smile and feel beautiful. This was beautiful and I'm so thankful that I have met you through social media. Have a blessed week! xoxoxo
    BrownEyedGirlCherise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherise you have touched my heart & soul with your response! I truly believe that God inspires these posts and it warms my heart to know that they touch others also, because trust me...as I'm writing I'm usually saying "wow, now this is a lesson to myself". You also have a blessed week!

      Delete
  4. Awe! I'm always mad at my eye wrinkles, but you just opened my eyes and made me realize that they are smile lines that I have earned from all the times I have smiled. I have no idea what season I am in...maybe Summer (?)...but thank you. And I love the idea of matching my clothes/makeup to flowers in my garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daisey Girly I'm so glad that this is going to help you appreciate your smile lines. This is a learning experience for me also. By the way, I love your name...obviously you already have an appreciation for beautiful things, like flowers. Have a blessed day!

      Delete