Wednesday, March 25, 2015

So Now What?

So now I've started a blog and I've made a couple of entries and then all of a sudden it hits me...ok, so now what? What do I talk about that would interest other people? Do I have to have a picture with every blog? Do I always talk about makeup? Do I always include a life lesson? What have I gotten myself into? Whoa there girl!! Reality check time!

First of all no one may ever read it. Does that mean you don't do it? No!

Secondly, is this only about pleasing other people? No! If other people enjoy it, that's great, but this, and life, is not about pleasing other people.

It's your blog, talk about what you want....makeup, life lessons, whatever.

And so, my reality check does include a life lesson after all:

Do what your spirit is drawing you to do. If other people get benefit from it, that's awesome! If they don't, oh well. But in whatever you do, do it to please GOD. This is a lesson I learned from 1 Corinthians 10:31.

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.


Another thing I have learned, just from experience, is that when God teaches me a lesson He uses that for others also. Nothing is ever done just for one.

So that is my thought for the day. I hope if someone is reading this it will stir something in their heart also, possibly something that they have been putting off or afraid to start.

Be well, and look for the beauty in today.

4 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog! Thanks for taking that step out for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I'm so glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better keep putting up these posts!! lol I love how you say to do what the SPIRIT is drawing you to do. It's so true...we get in the way of so much we could probably do because WE are trying to do it ourselves rather than letting the Holy Spirit guide us. Thank you again for another meaningful post! xoxoxo
    BrownEyedGirlCherise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherise, thank you so much! Your comments brighten my day, enlighten my heart, and confirm for me that God is behind it all.

    ReplyDelete