Friday, September 18, 2015

Love Each Other, Not the World


Today my prayer for you comes from the book of 1 John, chapter 2. The scripture says:




1 John 2:9 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister is still in the darkness. 10 Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble. 11 But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them.

and it continues

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

so Lord, my prayer for those precious ones that are reading your Word today, Father, I pray with everything that you have put in me that today those of us who call on your name and are your children would start loving each other as much as we say we love you. I pray that we would look upon each other as you look upon us, that we would look past the faults, the differences, and the humanity, and instead see what you see. That we would support each other, love each other, pray for each other, and not be as those that are without you and point fingers with hateful spite dripping from our lips. How sad this must be for you to see your children backbiting each other. Forgive me Lord for all of the times that I have dripped poison with my mouth towards one of your children. Forgive me Lord. I pray, Father, that for each child of yours that I have ever said or thought one spiteful, hateful, unforgiving thing toward that you lift each one of them up and bless them greatly Father. Forgive me for sinning against them and against you.

And Father, I pray that your children, including me, would see how much we have become of this world. Show us, through your eyes, how we have become dirtied and tainted, and have lost your glow. Cleanse us Father. Remove our desire for this world and the things of this world. Take the love that we have for this world and the things of this world and multiply it by ten times turning it into a love for you! and your Word!! and a desire for your holiness in us. I know you will do it Father because I know your desire for us is that we desire you.

Forgive us Father for our sins, thank you Lord for the cleansing through Jesus. May we walk through this day with your Holy Spirit pouring out of us, everywhere we go, like a wave following us, touching every person we pass by. May your Spirit hit people deep in their hearts, in their souls, and revive them toward you Lord.

I ask this in the mighty name of our precious Lord, your holy Son, Jesus.

Amen!

2 comments: