Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Disconnected

Have you ever felt disconnected from God? Sometimes I find that after having several major "high" days with Him I then feel disconnected. It's strange. I feel like my prayers are hard to form and they don't reach any higher than the ceiling. Because I know that our relationship with God should not be based on our feelings, I find that in these times the best thing for me to do is pray the scriptures. If this happens to you and you just don't know where to start, I recommend the Psalms. One of my favorite prayers to get back in touch with the Lord is:


May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Remember, our words to the Lord are not a magic incantation. Our words should be from our heart and our truest deepest concerns to Him. Another scripture that I love referring to when I feel disconnected is:

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.

So even when I feel disconnected sometimes I just ask the Spirit to lift me up to the Lord and pray for me and I sit quietly in His presence.

Father, thank you for you Word. Thank you for leaving us with such wisdom to help us get through each and every day. Father, for those times that for whatever reason we feel overcome or distant from you, I pray that your Spirit would lead us back to your Word and guide us, lift us up to You, and that You, and You alone would renew the peace in our heart, the unsurpassable peace that only you can give. In the precious name of Jesus I come to you, because it is only because of Him and through Him, that I am even able to be reconciled to You. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts. This is great, thank you! Hope you and hubby are doing well. You are in my thoughts a lot. Miss seeing your face!!
    Love,
    Cherise xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you girl! Thank you for hanging in there while I've been "hanging on".

    ReplyDelete