Monday, September 21, 2015

Do the Right Thing

I don't know about you but I can tend to be a creature of habit. Last night I was out of my routine and because of that I got to bed later than normal, and because of that I had a very difficult time sleeping, and because of that I struggled to get up this morning. As I was fighting it (in my head)...should I get up...should I sleep in...ugh...the thought came to me, get up, do the right thing. I know this is not some profound eye opening lesson, but it did reinforce to me, just because my routine was out of whack doesn't give me a pass on doing the right thing. So for all of you who also struggle when your routine gets re-routed, or those of you who just struggle with getting up early, this one is for you:

Father, I thank you so much for giving me another day and another opportunity to share my love for you with others. Thank you for even the smallest of lessons, like that gentle reminder to get up and do the right thing. Thank you for your loving prodding in the morning. And Father, for all of us who struggle when our "routine" is disrupted, I thank you so much for showing us that those interruptions can be the greatest blessing of all. In the precious name of Jesus, amen.

1 comment: