Thursday, October 29, 2015

Starting Again

So here we go again. You might have noticed I've been gone for awhile. Some of you know me personally so you know there have been some health challenges in my home since September. Because of that some things have fallen by the wayside, this blog being one of them. Although I have not been blogging I have not stopped my daily Bible reading, nor have I stopped praying. As a matter of fact my praying has increased...as always seems to happen in times of trouble. But today's post is to share something with you.

Last night, at my church, I had the honor of sharing my personal testimony with some amazing women. They heard most (not all - not enough time for that) of the yucky stuff that this girl has been through. The things I walked through and the times I wallowed in the mud. Open heart, dirt and all. The reason? To share with them how amazing God is and how He took this foul mouthed, hardened heart, pride filled person and changed her heart to one that chases after God each day and can never get enough. He is an amazing God who changes us from the inside. He turns our addictions away from this world and makes us "addicted" to Him. He is the love of my life!

At the end of the sharing one of the things I said was that I could not encourage them enough to read their Bible and spend time in prayer daily. And then the most amazing thing happened. An awesome young woman from our group contacted me about the best way to start reading her Bible. She said something to me that just struck a chord. "It's overwhelming". And you know what...it can be. People look at this huge book and say, where do I start? Many times people start with good intentions and then just fade away, but more often than not they don't even start because of the question....Where? Where do I start?

And that is when God stepped in! As I was pointing her to an online tool for a bible reading plan the thought came to me, hey, why not get the women in our church involved in this as a group? Encourage them all to read? And then share with each other about what we have read and how God is working in our lives? One thing led to another, discussion with our pastor about it, and then BAM! it came to me again. Instead of starting a separate group or forum, why not just post the daily readings on here? Let's all read and discuss together!!

So, that is what we are going to do!

On November 1st I will start posting the daily reading. We will cover the New Testament in 90 days. I will be getting the information from BibleGateway.com and will post in the NIV version. I encourage you all to either read it from this blog or go to BibleGateway.com and sign up for the reading plan to be sent to your phone or email. Then, when you have finished your daily reading come back and share your thoughts.

You can also subscribe to the blog and it will automatically send you the posts through email. There is no cost to subscribe and this blog is NOT monetized so I make no money from this. This is not a monetary profit for me. The profit that I get from this is a joy in my heart knowing that people are growing in the Lord each day.

I am super excited about this and I pray you are also. I can't wait to get started and hear how the Lord is working in each of your lives through His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment