Sunday, November 22, 2015

I am thankful

As I lay awake at 2 am these thoughts cross my mind...Lord, I have a headache, why can't I sleep, please take away this coughing, my body aches, I have so much to do yet no desire or energy to do it, tired of not being able to sleep the night through.....

then these thoughts...somewhere there is someone who is suffering a painful disease and a mere headache would be a blessing to them....somewhere there is someone who has not slept in days because they have no home and are riddled with worry...somewhere there is someone who is coughing their last breath....somewhere there is someone whose body aches with cancer....somewhere there is someone who is not as blessed as you......

Forgive me Lord for my self-centeredness and thank you Lord that you love me enough to point it out. Thank you for your word which reminds me to be thankful in all circumstances.

I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment